Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Oh Judy, Judy, Judy

Guess what readers? I have officially started my hair training, and it's fabulous! And you know what's even better? Instead of having a fellow classmate practice on me and rip my hair out, I was pleasantly surprised that we get to practice on mannequins! Those little mannequin heads with real human hair are called Judy Dolls, so Judy and I got to work learning the basics.

First I used a blowdryer and a round brush on Judy's hair
Then I curled it with a curling iron
I pinned it up into this cute little swirly look.
(I finished the blowdrying and curling early
so I was just playing around)
The right side is Hot Rollers
and the left side is Velcro Rollers
This is the difference in what they do to hair!
(Keep in mind, I previously curled then brushed out Judy's hair so it kept a really nice curl. If you have straight hair, you will mainly just get the volume and a slight curl under especially with the Velcro Rollers)


Then I straightened Judy's hair with a flat iron
Judging by Judy's range of emotions, she had a really great day, and so did I. 
Soon I will be taking Judy's hair through the 1930's up until the 1990's. 
More to come!





xox Celina

1 comment: