Saturday, November 19, 2011

Crystal Award

Sparkle Sparkle!



On Thursday night, my loving parents and my mustache Movember faced boyfriend and I got dolled up and headed downtown Vancouver to the Villa Amata Ballroom for the John Casablancas Obsidian Fashion Show. The venue had an amazing view of Vancouver with Science World all lit up in the background. We grabbed our front row seats by the runway after taking a peak at the silent auction items, and then I made my way backstage to check-in to receive my award for Outstanding Achievement in my class. 





Tracy, Katie & I
It was great to see so many familiar faces & instructors. Before the awards, two girls went down the runway in the dark with light up hoola-hoops dancing around to dubstep music. They were really talented and put on a unique little show. While receiving my award on stage I was praying to myself that I wouldn't trip and fall in my sparkley shoes. I clutched on to my heavy crystal award with my name ever so nicely etched into it and enjoyed the rest of my evening, catching up with old friends and watching skinny girls trot down the runway in trendy clothes in John Fluevog shoes. Later my mom "won" some great items at the silent auction including Tim Horton's coffee, and some really cute hand-made jewlery. As we were leaving the snow was falling outside slowly covering Vancouver in a white blanket. It was a nice little evening indeed!






Mom & I with our Awards


xox Celina

1 comment: