Friday, April 29, 2011

Sucker Punch

Last night I went to the movies with my boyfriend, and he suggested we see Sucker Punch. At first I thought this movie was just going to be fun for him, watching cute girls prance around punching things. But actually, it turned out to be really good! Not only am I jealous of all the cute costumes and outfits the girls got to wear (while kicking ass I might add) but the make-up was incredible!

The key make-up artist for Sucker Punch is a woman named Rosalina Da Silva. She's also worked on The Watchmen, X-Men and Tron. Clearly she knows what she's doing. 
Just check out this beautiful classic, almost 60's inspired make- up on Baby Doll.


Gorgeous right? I know. I'm jealous. I looked into see which were the most used make-up products on set aaaaaaaaaaaaaand it was...
 M.A.C Fluidline in Blacktrack! Available at a MAC near you. It is awesome liner if you have never used it.

They also used various other brands such as ArmaniKevin AucoinKett, and Kryolan. And clearly the foundation is airbrushed, hense the flawless face. Although, it's not too hard to make Emily Browning look flawless, she's beautiful.


 Speaking of that little actress (I say little, but she's actually the same age as me) she has had so many different, yet amazing looks! She's a pale almost anime looking blonde bombshell in Sucker Punch, but then look at how adorable and edgy she looked at the premiere! Cute!
I love those deep violet lips. I'm pretty sure she could pull off anything.


If you love girls, fighting, lingerie costumes, suspense, action, and MAKE-UP, please go see Sucker Punch. 

That's my 2 cents for free!
xox Celina

1 comment: