Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Apex Secondary School

Today I was invited to be a guest speaker for the Girl's Group at Apex Secondary School. My good friend Lesley did her teaching practicum at this school and asked if I would be interested in talking to the girls about make-up, and being a Make-Up Artist. I was excited to be able to talk to some young ladies and tell them about my experience and hopefully give them some great advice. My trusy sidekick Tracy came along for the adventure, and was able to help me in giving these girls a different perspective on Make-Up Artistry and all of it's many possibilities. 

The school does not have a budget for guest presenters, so a couple weeks ago I went around town asking for some small funding or donations to be able to give these girls a goody-bag to take home with them. I wanted to be able to provide knowledge, tips & tricks, something to look forward to, as well as something to help make each and every one of them feel special and beautiful. This wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for the wonderful manager of Superstore Langley, the fragrance manager at The Bay in Willowbrook Mall, and some contributions from my very loving Mother.


I think the "presentation" went extremely well. We all sat in a circle and had some great girl chat! We all had a chance to speak and ask questions and have some fun discussing our favorite make-up brands and which cleansers and moisturizers to use. Tracy and I were both a bit nervous, but after the ball was rolling it was easy-peasy and we all were comfortable jumping in and adding to the conversation.

I had a great time talking to the "youth of today" and what was so amazing was they made both Tracy and I these beautiful flower pots! Gorgeous! It's so bright and perfect for Spring (which is finally here!).
Thank you so much Girl's Group at Apex! If you are reading this, don't hesitiate to contact me about any further questions, advice, or my services ;)


xox Celina

No comments:

Post a Comment