Saturday, April 7, 2012

Look Ma, All Hands!

This first week of April has felt like an accomplishment not only for me, but for most of my dear friends. There must be something in the water, because everywhere I look great things are happening and people are being recognized for all of their hard work. And I'd like to add, hard work done by our hard working HANDS!






Let's start with my wonderful friend Seth. Seth works at Idea Rebel, which is a digital marketing business. I've known Seth since High School. I've had sleep overs at his apartment, spent many of my summers camping with him, and even had meatless stuffing together at his family's Christmas dinners. I can't imagine my little Celina world without a Seth in it. And that is why I am so proud that his company won an award with BC Business Online Magazine as one of the Most Innovative Companies for 2012! Way to go Seth! Look at all that hard work you've done and how it's paid off! 
Look Ma, All Hands!





Now onto my next friend.




I was just talking about the little lady the other day. She's one of the hardest working Make-Up Artist I know, Tracy Lai. Tracy just finished on set for a short film about ferrets called Jake & Jasper: A Ferret Tale and was hired back for another film by the same Director Alison Parker which is titled The Ferret Squad. The best part about this is Tracy has 3 ferrets of her own. The other day, her littlest and only female ferret Dolly crawled up into my hair and sniffed my big bun on top of my head. I think she could have had a little nap in there if she really wanted to. Anyways, a big congratulations goes out to the Jake & Jasper crew because they have been featured in the magazine Ferret USA 2012! And what's even cooler is they mention Tracy & her ferret babies in it.



Look Ma, All Hands!










And now, yours truly.



Thanks to John Casablancas, my little face & my work are now in the new pamphlet hand-out for the Make-Up Artistry program. When I first saw this picture my honest reaction was,
"I'm so glad I wore lipstick this day." 
(see kids, you NEVER know when 
you'll end up in a magazine.)

What's even cooler is they have enlarged and framed my work in the school hallways! I feel like I am officially a "published" artist. 



Look Ma, All Hands!

xox Celina

1 comment: